Social Skills Group
This group will run again over 8 weeks during July and August 2023 for 3-5 year old children who are challenged by social and verbal communication and interaction.
The group has a maximum of 4 participants in a calm, consistent learning environment.
This group has the aim to help your child with:
- Communication and Social Interaction
- Following a schedule (now and then)
- Turn taking and Rule based games
- Developing empathy and expressing feelings appropriately
- Relaxation and Emotional regulation
- Imaginary play
- Sensory processing
- Growing confidence and self-esteem in social situations
We use games, farm activities, gardening, nature exploration, horseback riding, arts and crafts to promote interaction and learning within the group.
Important note: Any child who has not attended Hairy Henry's for sessions before, must attend at least 1 one-to-one session beforehand for assessment of needs and in preparation for the group.
If you are interested in this group, please get in touch with us and we can put you on the list for 2023.