Social Skills Group
During July and August every year, we run a small children's group for 3-5 year olds with ASD.
The group has a maximum of 4 participants in a calm, consistent learning environment.
This group has the aim to prepare your child for playschool/primary school with the focus on:
- Communication and Social Interaction
- Following a schedule (now and then)
- Turn taking and Rule based games
- Developing empathy and expressing feelings appropriately
- Relaxation and Emotional regulation
- Imaginary play
- Sensory processing
- Growing confidence and self-esteem in social situations
We use games, farm activities, gardening, nature exploration, horseback riding, arts and crafts to promote interaction and learning within the group.
The next group runs weekly on Saturdays 10am to 12pm for the duration of July and August 2018.
Important note: Any child joining the group must have attended at least 2 one-to-one sessions beforehand for assessment of needs and in preparation for the group.
Please get in touch now for more information and book a place.